WELCOME TO THE SITE OF KILTIMAGH CREDIT UNION
Central Credit Register
This register is a NEW centralised system for collection personal and credit information. Below are two documents, if you have any type of a mortgage, personal loans or credit card with any financial institution please take a few minutes to read these files.
Savings Capped at €30,000 per account.
The Board of Directors have decided to Cap savings at a level of €30,000 per account from June 1st 2017. This cap does no affect current savings is your credit union account, it
simply means if you have an existing savings balance in excess of €30,000 you will not be able to save any more money in that account. You will, however, be able to clear cheques and carry our electronic transfers through you Flexi account. The reason for this decision is because savings in the Credit Union have been growing at a phenomenal rate for the last number of years (averaging €1.2 million growth annually) and the cost of reserving an insuring these savings far out ways the income we can generate from them through lending or investments. We apologies for any inconvenience this might cause but the Board have a responsibility to protect the financial viability of the Credit Union for all members.
CONTACT US ON 094 81818 OR EMAIL firstname.lastname@example.org
Home Improvement Loans @ 8.5%
Now is the time for that project you have been putting on the long finger –
Terms and conditions do apply – you must provide us with a quote or invoice for a portion of the work being carried. Loans applied for at this rate must be in excess of €2,500.
KCU are regulated by the Central Bank of Ireland.
Or you can email us at email@example.com or call 094 9381848.
Deposit Guarantee Scheme – Information Sheet
The Central Bank of Ireland request that all financial institutions make information, on the cover available under the Deposit Guarantee Scheme, available to all account holders. Below is an information letter, if you have any queries please contact us at the address or phone number provided on the letter.
What is so different about a credit union Loan?
Before taking out a loan of any kind, it’s worth taking the time to understand how lending works.
That way you can compare the benefits and be aware of the risks. Here are some of things that make a credit union loan different:
- There are no hidden fees or transaction charges.
- Credit union interest rates are fair and reasonable and capped by law.
- Repayments are calculated on your reducing balance, so you pay less interest with each repayment.
- Once you are eligible for a credit union loan, repayment terms can be designed around your needs.
- Your credit union loan is insured – subject to terms and conditions – at no direct cost to you. Other lenders charge for this.
- You can pay off your loan early, make additional lump sum repayments or increase your regular repayments, without a penalty. Other lenders may charge you extra for paying them back faster!